Over the past ten years, the city of Natchitoches has made great strides in implementing new reforms to the current infrastructure. Through transportation, government, business and amenities, Natchitoches has made a number of improvements, including the following:
- Re-dedication of sewer tax to continue planned expansions and help fund local sports complex, with some road dedications
- Implemented TIF overlay for hotels/motels to fund general economic infrastructure support
Other projects are moving forward in our parish through Louisiana DOTD; see the full list of ongoing projects here:
In order to keep Natchitoches on track for future growth,?planning has begun among governing entities. ?Through city leadership, in partnership with Parish officials and business leaders with the Chamber and NCA, the following are being developed:
- Waterwell Road (LA Highway 478) continued expansion as a retail and service hub at Interstate 49 with mixed large-lot residential moving eastward towards an industrial park on LA Highway 1.
- Mega Sites are being explored
- Service roads are being planned to accomodate growing ?demand
- Leaders are meeting regularly on long-range planning of critical services in light of expanded economic activity
Natchitoches is conveniently located between Shreveport and Alexandria, allowing for excellent transportation and economic opportunities. With several state highways, railways, waterways and airports, Natchitoches holds a strategically developed transportation network.
联合国六大官方语言Major Interstates联合国六大官方语言 – Interstate 49
联合国六大官方语言Major Highways联合国六大官方语言 – US 71, US 84, LA 1, LA 6, LA 9, LA 117, LA126, LA 153, LA 156, LA1226
- Red River Port – 27.4 miles
- Port of Shreveport-Bossier – 58.1 miles
- Port of Natchitoches – 4.7 miles
- Greater Ouachita Port – 92.7 miles
联合国六大官方语言Class 1 Railroads???????联合国六大官方语言
- Kansas City Railroad (KCS)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Natchitoches Regional Airport – 1.8 miles
- Shreveport Regional Airport – 78.1 miles
To view our regional maps, click the button below.